Solid does not appear in the mesh

Hello,

My solid does not appear in the mesh and I don’t understand why…
I already tried to move the mesh but it still doesen’t work.

Thanks for the help

HI @emoebel,

Can you share a link to the project your having trouble with?

Thanks!
Christopher

Yes of course !

The problem appears in the “Building Mesh”_

Hi @emoebel,

I suspect the material point is intersecting with your building, refer to a screenshot below, hence it just disappears. I suggest moving the material point away from the building but within the domain. Once you’ve done that and re-meshed it, it should appear.

Also note that your Burj Khalifa model (awesome model by the way) is not watertight and this may cause problems. Do make sure it is watertight before meshing and simulating.

Side note, if you’re interested in doing some urban analysis for this I’m happy to help as it is an area I’m tacking for my dissertation at the moment. Would be very interesting to analyze such a structure.

Cheers!

Regards,
Barry

1 Like

Hi @Get_Barried,
First of all, thank you for your respond, but I’m not quite sure to understand what I should do to fix my problem…
I’m just a 16-year-old girl trying to do something nice for a school project.
This is not even my creation, I took an unfinished project and tried to finish the simulation (I’ve done it, but I wanted another simple building to compare a little bit the results !)

I’m very flattered by your respond but my school project ends in a few days…

If you have some time to go further with your explanations, to solve my problem,I would be very pleased,
and again, thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Elodie

(sorry about the english mistakes, english is not my first language)

Hi Elodie,

No worries! Its a should be a simple fix if I guessed the problem correctly. You need change the coordinates of the material point under meshing, you can do this but playing around with the x, y and z coordinates. The material point has to be within your background box but not within your geometry. Let me know if its still unclear and I’ll explain in more detail.

What is the objective of your school project? Seems like quite a lot to do for a few days left :thinking:

Don’t worry about it we can work it through. Time zones might be issue so my replies might be slightly delayed (its 5am right now over here and i should get some sleep).

Do let me know if you need more help.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hello,
Like this ?

Because the building doesn’t appear…
My building is maybe not in my meshing box, but if so, I don’t know where it could be !

It’s not a big project, I’m pretty sure my teachers don’t understand what I’m doing. This should just be a little part of it (it’s for my personal satisfaction)

Don’t forget to sleep :sweat_smile:
Thank you,

Elodie

Hi Elodie,

Yup like that. Did you try to mesh? Is the building appearing?

I checked it and it did seem fine. So it should appear.

Well fantastic we can generate some streamlines and call it day! It will look great for sure, accuracy however, well we’re not really concerned with that :stuck_out_tongue:

Then again if you would like to learn more you can go ahead and ask questions relating to urban flow, I’d be happy to attempt to answer them. Its pretty advanced in some parts but otherwise its very fun.

Do let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

P.S 3 hours of sleep so pretty good I guess? :smiley: