Solid Body Motions

Hi folks, I’ve been investigating SimScale for a couple days for an aerodynamics project and having a lot of fun. Right now I would like to add varying angle of attack to my airplane model, however I’m unable to find “Solid Body Motions” (SimScale Documentation | Online Simulation Software | SimScale) in the interface. Can someone enlighten me as to how to add motion?

Apologies in advance for the dumb question… I’m sure it must be staring me in the face.

Thanks!
Josh

Hi Josh!

You can find an example for a multiphase analysis using the solid body motion right here: Fuel Tank Slosh Analysis - the option is under Advanced concepts.

Cheers!

Jousef

Thanks Jousef, I’ve reviewed the example and found that Solid Body Motion was available in multiphase but it doesn’t appear in incompressible flow analysis. Is it available in incompressible?

Hi Josh.

You need to set the Time dependency of the simulation to Transient.
Doing so, the desired Solid body motions feature will appear under Advanced concepts, in the simulation tree.

I’m pretty sure that you solved the problem, meanwhile. I’m replying for the benefit of those, like me, who might experience the same issue in future.

Take care