Simulation problem for fluid dynamic project

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner in computational fluid dynamic (CFD) field with the Simscale platform.
I saw the tutorial “Incompressible Water Flow through a Pipe Junction,” and I tried to apply step by step with my 3D model.
However, it got a problem during the simulation step, and I couldn’t find out any solution for this issue. I don’t know I was wrong at exact step (I think I was wrong at boundary conditions step ).
How can I find solver log in simulation?
My goal is a simulation of the fluid dynamic with micro-scale model.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @nctrung1407,

First and foremost, nice to have you on board!
You have a nice and intricated geometry. For an incompressible analysis you’ll need to do a volume extraction of you domain. The volume extract will be the “road” the fluid will go, that is represented by the red selection below.

I did this extraction for you, there you’ll have all the inlets and outlets for the fluid flow (green domain below).

Please, let me know if you need more help with it. Download the new domain here.

Cheers,

Vinícius

2 Likes

@nctrung1407 @vgon_alves or take advantage of the new “region extraction” feature:

Best,

David

5 Likes

Thanks for your answer, @vgon_alves, and @dheiny.
I used the modified model of @vgon_alves, but I still get a problem when simulating.
I think it belongs to the boundary conditions. I also can’t understand the solver log.
Can you help me to check my new project? Thank you so much !!!

Best,
Trung Nguyen

You’re welcome @nctrung1407,
I’ll take a look at this one now and give a feedback asap to you.

Cheers,

Vinícius

Hi @nctrung1407,

This worked well here. I just fixed the wall boundary condition. You can see that [here]. Try to copy that and do a new run increasing the maximum runtime in the simulation control section to see the complete simulation.

Please keep me updated about it.

Cheers,

Vinícius

2 Likes

Thanks for your support., @vgon_alves
I copied your project on my dashboard, and I am simulating it.
Also, I tried to do that again, but I got a problem.
How can you select some objects inside this model for wall boundary conditions?

Best,
Trung Nguyen

Hi @nctrung1407,

You can use the “Hide Selection” tool as shown below.

Disable Assignment > Select the parts to hide > Right click button > Slect Hide selection then select the parts inside the model.
Video_1544064761_Trim

Cheers,

Vinícius

3 Likes

Hi @vgon_alves,

I tried to increasing runtime for simulating, and I got some results.
However, I can’t get some pictures like you.
This is your figure

This is my figure

Please instruct me to create some picture like you.
Thank you so much!

Hi @nctrung1407,

Here you have a little tutorial for this one. I suggest you to see the tutorial page for the new SimScale Post-processor as well, there are nice video-tutorials there (link below).

Cheers,

Vinícius

3 Likes