SimScale as Educational Tool

Hello,

I am a high school teacher in California, USA. I am teaching a class in principles of engineering to 11th and 12th grade students. We are using SimScale on a project to design a balsawood bridge for a Math, Engineering and Science, (MESA), competition. I was very pleased with the support I received, and it was easy to get started with just a couple tutorials. The number of hours each student was given were more than ample for our tasks. It does help that I have a degree in engineering, but it has been about 20 years since I worked with any type of modelling software, so in many ways I am a newbie. I feel that with enough practice and help, just about any teacher could be using SimScale to improve their engineering coursework. From what I have seen, the staff at SimScale is more than willing to help educators, and this means a lot to me. Thanks Anna for all your help.
If anyone has questions about what we did, please feel free to contact me via e-mail.

Sincerely

Marc Wheeler
Teacher - Science and Engineering
Harmony Magnet Academy
Strathmore, CA 93267
mwheeler@portervilleschools.org

4 Likes

Hi Marc!

First of all thanks a ton for your feedback and kind words! We really do appreciate it and hope that we can improve our work with you in the future and keep your diligent student motivated. I will send you a mail - very interested in what your students have done with SimScale.

All the best!

Jousef