Setup with 2 regions used in single region analysis type

Hello, I am working on this model project where I just modeled 2 racks, 1 CRAC unit and a few tiles in a data center setting. I also put in a floor to have the tiles and CRAC unit go hrough it a little bit to have airflow into raised plenum.
However, when I am trying to set hte simulation going, it says, 2 regions are there. Does that mean I have to go into CAD mode and extend the external flow region beyond the dimensions of the floor…? Currently my external flow region is touching the boundaries of the floor.
How do I get rid of this error of having 2 regions in a single region analysis type and get the simulation running…?

Hello, @rbasu ,

From the looks of it, it appears that you are trying to run a simulation with an underfloor air distribution? The floor volume should definitely be removed from the geometry, otherwise you will run into the multi-region mesh error every time.

One option is to have the “openings” on the floor captured by the flow region, like in this project that I posted some time ago. It’s also for a data center with underfloor air distribution. I’d recommend that you have a look at the geometry, to see how it should look like.

Cheers

1 Like