'Propeller' simulation project by innvah

I created a new simulation project called 'Propeller':

Project goal: find flow about propeller Simulation type: SnappyHexMesh

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hi there @innvah!

Nice model! Did you make that? Wanted to add some comments on the mesh and setup. Please use the parametric option, define your domain and make sure that the material point is outside the propeller and not inside it. On top of that enclose the propeller in a cylinder as can be seen in this project: https://www.simscale.com/projects/gholami/propeller/

Feel free to contact me if you need any help!

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm!
Thanks. I have a school project where I want to compare the resultant force that the propeller give with real data. I’m new to SimScale and CFD and understand that I need to enclose the propeller in a cylinder, but I don’t quite understand how to do this part. Do I need to add the cylinder in the propeller stl-file? Or should I somehow upload two separate files?

Hi @innvah!

You can just enclose your propeller with a normal cylinder inside your CAD model and SimScale will detect that you have two separate solids so no worries there. For the MRF approach you can either use the documentation or have a look at some of the projects in the public projects library to help you out. Feel free to contact us here in the comment section if you have any questions.

Best,

Jousef

@jousefm
I made two different parts; one cylinder and the propeller. Next I made an assembly-file for adding both parts to same file. Then I converted this to .stl-file.
When I upload this file SimScale do not detect two solids. In the “Geometry Event Log” it says I have zero solids…

Hi @innvah!

Send me your assembly and both parts separately to jmurad@simscale.com. Trying to get this done for you and share the CAD model with you then.

Cheers!

Jousef