Project Help (Aerodynamics)

Hello,
I’m a high school student and we were assigned project work for this year. We’ve never done anything like this before, nor we were told how to do it. We were just told that it has to have a practical part (–> experiment in my case).
I was assigned aerodynamics as a topic for my work. I’m focusing on the relationship between drag and lift. I found this simulator thinking it would help me simulate airflow around different airfoils and 2D objects (a desk, circle,…).
I’m super desperate because I have only 2 weeks to complete my work and I still haven’t learnt how to work with this project. I’m watching the tutorials and trying to do stuff as I’m told, but I can’t pick Boundary conditions. It just won’t pick faces.
While doing this, I’m studying for my finals and university entrance exams and I haven’t slept in days. I’d be very very glad if someone could help me with at least modelling some objects I can use for this (e.g. wings,…) because I have no idea how to do this. Please, I haven’t slept in days.
If admins find this unrelated, feel free to delete this. I’m just pretty hopeless.

1 Like

Hi there!

No worries, we’ll make this work :slight_smile: Can you give us a document where we can see the assignment? Also do you already have a model uploaded? If so please share the link with us here.

The issue with the faces is probably because your CAD model is not split but that can definitely be solved. Also no problem posting here in the forum as long as it is related to the platform, that’s what the forum is for. Once you shared all information with us I will have a look at this.

Cheers and chin up!

Jousef

Hello @Illarion,

let us give you some helping hand! :slight_smile:

Any details about your task?

Best regards,
Jani

1 Like

Hi @Illarion,

Ah yes, overkill high school projects.

Don’t fret, we’ve all been there. Fortunately, simulation of CL CD (lift & drag) for any object in 2D can be banged out in less than 2-3 days if you know what you’re doing.

Of course, as much as I understand that you would like someone to do runs for you, that would not be your work and you wouldn’t be able to explain/write the paper if you need to.

We are all more than happy to help so feel free to contact us here. If you need faster communication, you can PM me directly and we converse on how to proceed.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

1 Like