Pressure loss in CFD simulation

Hey

I have tried to simulate a blowerdoor measurement of a high rise building in a couple of situations. For my study I need to be able to see a pressure difference through the building as a result of leaks (outlet) on the building envelope and friction loss. In my simulations the pressure is equal across the entire building, is it possible to change this?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there! I have a main question regarding this project, why did you choose to use the compressible analysis type instead of Convective heat transfer? I think this is important, as the Mach number is actually low here.

Best regards,
Fillia

For this study we are looking for the airflow throuhg the building and air is compressible. Is Convective heat transfer not mainly for heat transfer throuhg an object? And I am looking for the air transpot, regarding from temperature.

Best regards,
Stijn

This link is the same building with 1 Blowerdoor system build in instead of one at the top and one at the bottom. Here I have done the simulation with Compressible and also with convective heat transfer.

Hi there! I would suggest you try the Convective Heat Transfer analysis with the compressibility toggled off, as the conditions are more suitable for an incompressible solution. Check this tutorial for example:

Best regards,
Fillia