Open Inner Region operation fails

Hello, can you tell me why in the current geomentry

when I create internal flow region it deletes the cylindrical body that I need to preserve to make it a roating zone later in the simulation?
Thanks

Hello

I have createda model

Could someone have a look at it and advice me on errors that i have made because the messing operation does ot run and indicates that there are some errors?
I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Why do you need a rotating zone in here? I do not see an internal model for fan blades or compressor, which is where you would use such a model. If you just need to move the air, you can for example use a momentum source:

For such model in a Convective Heat Transfer simulation, you need to create the flow region and then delete all bodies except for the cylinder, which will be assigned to the momentum source concept.

1 Like

For an Incompressible simulation, the model must contain only the flow volume. You need to delete all the other parts using the CAD Edit Mode.

Ī¤hanks,
You will see that if I delete all bodies then the flow regis goes.

HOw can I keep the flow regions?

Also for the momentum source do I need a circular surface or a cylindrical body?
Thanks

Just do not delete all bodies, but donā€™t select the ones you donā€™t want to delete.

It should be a body that intersects the flow region (without void in the flow volume)