Old post-processor

I’m trying to follow the description of the tutorial " Exercise #1: Aerodynamics of a Radio-Controlled Plane" and having problems as the new web interface does not look like the tutorial. Searching on the forum, I found there is an option to load the old post-processor, by right clicking “solution fields” Unfortunately the option is not present, the only options are “reload results” and “download results”

If anybody can offer a solution, will be much appreciated.

Alternatively, instructions to visualise on the new post processor of:

• pressure distribution and wall shear stress on wing surfaces
  • symmetrical body

project link: SimScale

I manage to visualise the pressure distribution and shear stress: pick the “pressure[node]” not the “pressure” and “All wall shear stress”; but still have problems determining total lift and drag.

1 Like

Hi @dusan!

The old post-processor was completely removed from our platform. If you want to do more sophisticated post-processing analysis the offline Paraview version is a good choice - alternatively you can use Tecplot if you have access to that. For the lift and drag post-processing I am tagging my colleague Darren (@1318980) who might give you some input on this.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @dusan, this post might help for (viscous) drag calculation, but there are other posts here explaining pressure forces and coefficients also. I would perhaps say don’t make it hard for yourself and just use the lift and drag coefficients calculator in forces and moments on simscale.

Best,
Darren

Thank you both! Really helpful.

Regards,
Dusan

1 Like