Need help with A CPU water pump simulation (Basic)

Hi there, we are currently having problems defining the inner flow region between two pipes of which one is inlet and one is outlet. This is a basic bottom half of a water cooled CPU Unit. Any suggestions to fix this? Using a CHT transfer case for this setup. I will probably need some more guidance along the way, I’m quite new to all of this.

Thank you .

Hi @abersiks!

Please always share the project link with us if you need any support. In the meantime I am tagging the @cfd_squad to jump in once you posted your project here.

Best,

Jousef

Thank you very much. Let me try give the link now.
I’ve just sent the URL I am currently on, would that work?

Thanks again

abersiks

Is it normal for a meshing process to be longer than 15 minutes?

Hi @abersiks!

I saw that you have a fineness of 0 for your mesh? That seems a bit odd, maybe you try something like 2-3 or keep it as 5 and see how long it will take you for the coarse one.

Best,

Jousef

Thank you, I’ll try that next. I assumed the more coarse the less time to evaluate?

I changed it to 5 now, I think I forgot to toggle physics based meshing, let me do it again

Definitely but maybe 2-3 should be coarse enough, if you have any struggled with Core Hours, feel free to tag the PowerUsers and they can help you out with meshing :slight_smile:

Keep us posted!

Jousef

Thank you very much! I’m not too sure how to tag PowerUsers.
Is there a physics component that hasn’t been prepared in the simulation that you can see? It says I shouldn’t mesh until that is sorted out.

Thanks for all the help! :smiley:

Could you post the message here? Just give it a spin and you can see if you’re satisfied with the mesh afterwards (assuming the workbench lets you mesh the geometry). PowerUser are tagged by writing @power_users. :wink:

Cheers,

Jousef

I tried changing the mesh again, I realized I used the mesh without physics again. So I have to retry that. The process seems to still be taking very long, and I still have the suggestion for fixing the simulation setup before the meshing. However, everything seems to be well defined.

If I want to address the power_users do I tag them here like this? @power_users. They should be able to see this then. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for all your help Jousef

It just seems that I cannot toggle the physics mesh, when all the parameters should be correct. It also seems to be stuck at 50% consistently when I mesh it without that option. @power_users

Any progress here @abersiks? Otherwise I would give it a spin later on.

Best,

Jousef

@jousefm Unfortunately not. The mesh did finally form last night taking a long time and using too many resources. Now to run a simulation is impossible because of the run time required. So I was advised to simplify the whole geometry of which I have done.

If you could maybe take a shot at it, that would be great! Thank you!

All the best
abersiks

Hey @abersiks!

One thing I just noticed is that you have threads on your parts which most likely causes the geometry to have a very refined mesh in that area, could you maybe remove the threads (anyway they do not contribute that much to the analysis) and give the mesh a try? I believe that it would mesh faster then (that’s my hope) :slight_smile:

All the best!

Jousef

Thank you. You were probably right about just needing to discard the threads. We just made a new much more simplistic model in the end. I was wondering is there a way to export temperatures and or any data from simscale? I did see you did mention something on a thread about paraview. Is there not a more direct way?

Thanks for all the help :smiley:
Regards

abersiks