Model keeps disappearing

My model keep disappearing. And the only way to get it back seems to be to delete the entire simulation and upload it again.

What do I mean by “disappearing”? If I try to rotate the model the centre of rotation appears to be some random point in space about 10 miles off the screen. so the slightest movement and poof!

Hi, could you please link the project that you are having difficulties with and post some screenshots of what you see? It helps us to see if there is anything wrong.

On a side note, have you already tried using the home button to centralize the model after is “disappears”?

Cheers

Sorry. I wasn’t expecting such a quick response so I deleted it and started over.

I did try the home button, but it did not help; my parts were still off screen or so tiny I could not see them.

I think I know what went wrong. I accidentally clicked on “element technology” instead of a materials and a huge cube appeared. I deleted it.

I assume when the cube was created, it set the centre of rotation to the center of the cube; but left it there when I deleted it.

Any other action in simscale seems to require about 10 confirmations, but that cube appeared after a single click and surprised drag. Not good.

Okay. I tried to re-create the scenario I experienced.

As you’ll probably know, I musta clicked the geometry primative cube to cause the initial problem.

But once deleted, or even if just set invisible, the home button restored the view and the centre of rotation…

so, I can only put it down to new (or at least returning after a long time away) user clumbsiness/blindness.

Sorry.