Mesh refinement problem for a 2D case

Hello,

I would like to calculate the aerodynamic forces of the ellipse (in 2D) with a deformation at the leading edge.
I imported CAD, I created my refining areas. However when I run the calculation for the mesh only the first box is taken into account.
I do not understand why and especially I do not see how to get a correct mesh to have interpretable results.

Here is my case: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=7732500420659620790#tab_0-0

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi @julien_venture!

I will have a look at your project :+1: Getting back to you as soon as I know more.

Best,

Jousef

Thank you very much

Hi @julien_venture

I think you haven’t included inflation during your meshing.

Hi @julien_venture

I second to what @pankajkumar979 has mentioned. It also important to consider the values of the boundary layer inflation which can be done under the “mesh refinements” portion that you have already worked with. With regards to the values you need to deduce your y+ values and from there ensure the inflation of the boundary layer is within that value.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hello,

I know that I have not put, for the moment, a boundary layer. However, that will not solve my problem. Indeed, the problem is that the areas of refinement are not taken into account.
I would like to make a first mesh without boundary layer to run the calculation and then make the right mesh when I have all the parameters.

@julien_venture

All the refinement levels are set at 1-2, so there is no further refinement done. The inner box should be say 3-4 and finner refinements even higher. This is why it appears that only one refinement is done at 1-2. So in summary refinement levels do not compound, so refining a level 2 refinement to level 2 will do nothing. but refine a level 2 to level 3 and further refinement by one level is performed.

Hope this helps,
Darren

1 Like

@1318980

Thank you for the answer.
I did not know that the refinement was based on the initial mesh, I thought it refined from the previous box, that’s why I asked a refinement of 2 to each box.

I will correct my settings.