Mesh Queued, Time to complete?

I’m meshing my first solid, a very simple CFD, just a test as I learn Simscale, it shows Queued but not making progress, is that normal? Can there be an internet blocking or filtering issue I need to look into?

Hi @tbuff,

Thanks for sharing this issue. This can happen if you have multiple projects open in the different windows. Can you refresh the page and see if that updates the operation?

Approximately how long was it stuck queuing? It can take up to 2 minutes or so before switching to the computing operation.

Best,
Anna

It didn’t like my geometry, which is very simple, but it did finish, taking 15 minutes or so. I need to experiment with different settings.

CFD_test_1

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom (@tbuff) - “Illegal triangles were found after surface tesselation. There could be a problem with the CAD geometry. Trying to proceed anyway” This is just a warning message, however, the geometry did mesh successfully.

Yes, playing around with the setting and # or cores can improve the speed and mesh.

Don’t hesitate to ask directly in the #project-support category if you have further questions on this project.

Cheers,
Anna