Mesh Generator troubles

Hi, I am new to simscale and I am following some tutorials and guides, but I am having some trouble with the mesh generation. I have created an Enclosure around my geometry (a cilindric antenna), and I have created an incompressible simulation. The problems come when I go to the mesh generator and try to create and external Hex-dominant mesh. The following warning appears: Extract flow region
If the model does not contain all flow regions, assignments in the simulation setup have to be repeated on every mesh. Use flow volume extraction to avoid this issue.

I don’t understand this problem as I have already created the enclosure (which is one of the options of flow volume extraction). Also, when creating the enclosure, if someone could clarify me what keep the geometry is used for (Why would I want or not want to keep the geometry?) and also if I should select any face of the geometry or not.

my project is the following one: SimScale

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @jbonet_bach!

Tagging the @cfd_squad here to give you some valuable impetus on your project. In any case, here is a video explaining Flow Volume Extraction: Introducing Flow Volume Extraction - YouTube

Maybe this helps in this case - stay safe & healty!

Jousef

3 Likes