Mesh Generation Tutorial with new Workbench

Dear Guys at Simscale,

I am a new user and I am currently trying to run a simulation of the airflow around a F1 rear wing. All the tutorials available for this kind of projects use the old Workbench. Are there any tutorials about how to create a mesh for external flow with the new Workbench? I dont know how to create the Base Mesh Box and how to do the refinements.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

Project: SimScale

Hi Alex!

There are some post-processing tutorials available but no specific tutorials in a step-by-step style - we are currently working on that. I would suggest that you have a look at new videos from us covering FSAE: SimScale Video. There are not many changes when it comes to the settings for meshing or geometry operations. If you have specific questions about the workflow you can reach out to the PowerUsers or me and we will definitely help you out.

Happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Dear Jousef,

Thank you for the help! I have viewed some videos and learned how to use the new interface. I have done a couple os successful meshes. Nevertheless, I am having problems generating the mesh for my last project. I set up all the parameters and refinements and start generating the mesh but shortly after i receive an error message. It doesent even specify what the problem is. I think it is realted to my CAD. I have imported it in step and stl format, but the program recognizes it as an Solidworks archive. Could you please check out my project and tell me what is wrong?

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Hi @aworner!

You can just upload your rear wing geometry and let SnappyHexMesh create the bounding box for you in order to avoid a “double layered” structure or any other artifact. Try that out and let me know how things go!

Best,

Jousef