Maximum Runtime vs Computational Quota

was trying to perform a CFD analysis on SIM SCALE, but it showed this error of "limited computational hours. Please resolve this matter as i need to do practice this before i deliver the workshops.

Hi @mobaidullah!

You would need more core hours - CFD Squad, can you help out our user and make suggestions on how he could optimize his simulation in terms of refinements etc.?

Thanks!

Jousef

3 Likes

Hey there,

Airplane meshes tend to be quite big due to the amount of details and the overall size of the meshing box. There are some things you can do though. It’s not possible to tell from the picture, but are you planning to set up a symmetry boundary condition? By doing so, you can work with half of your model, which would save you quite a lot of computing time.
Would it be possible to link your project here for us to take a closer look?
Thanks,

/Ric

2 Likes

Hi,
I would suggest to use half model (symmetry) instead of full model and proceed mesh afterwards. I believe in that case you can reduce the computational run time.

3 Likes

Mohamed Zaid I was told you can help me.
I am in Los Angeles, graduated PhD from RMIT. I need 2 hours of your time as a coach/teacher to help me get going on SimScale. I do basic gas analysis in a room / volume for my consultation work in Los Angeles. Instead of me spending hours trying to figure things out, I need you to fast track me and get up and going, via a use case project. Can you do it? I can pay you via PAYPAL or VENMO. Let me know, cheers Kos Galatsis