Local render - Post-Processor WB 1.0 vs. WB 2.0

Hi, i can’t find the local render for geometry, mesh… (the remote one is too slow cause of my bad connection).

Where is the function?

Thanks really much.

Hi @EExoduss!

You can find the switch for the old workbench right in the post-processor (see picture).

For workbench 2.0 the post-processor uses client-side rendering done on your local GPU without any ping times and direct feedback!

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the answer.

I think i have the new workbench (2.0). Then have i the local render automatically? I still have problems in slow render after i upload the geometry.

There’s a way to open the old workbench?

Hi @EExoduss!

You can right-click on Solution Fields and use the Classic Post-Processor. Tell me if there’s a noticable difference in your opinion.

Best,

Jousef

First of all really thanks for your support.

When i right-click on Solution Fields the options are: Reload Result and Download Result.

Anyway i can’t arrive at that point, cause after i set a mesh, i can’t even move the geometry to check the mesh i did, to hide a face cause the render is really really slow.

It’s really strange because, if simscale use my gpu, i have 2 Gb VRAM and it should be enough to load a meshed geometry.

Thanks really much for your kind support!!!

Hi @EExoduss.

You probably have the project already in WB 2.0. Feel free to share the project with me and I will have a look at it. It might be that your internet connection is slow?

Best,

Jousef

Just a quick one, pretty sure the new PP uses local GPU anyway. The vRAM requirements vary on model complexity but I have been sucessful on a phone in most small models.

Best,
Darren

I’m quite sure that is not a problem of connection. I really don’t know.

Anyway it is indipendent from the project. Also the examples of introduction are slow (it’s like i have 2 or 3 Frame per seconds).

Finally resolved! Thank you for support

1 Like