'Lift and Stall Comparison Between Delta and Straight edge wings' simulation project by 1318980

I created a new simulation project called 'Lift and Stall Comparison Between Delta and Straight edge wings':

An experiment to visually demonstrate the difference in lift generation between delta and straight wings, and why the delta wing has a more steady stall.

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hi Guys,

In the documentation for region refinements it says:
“The region refinement is used to refine the volume mesh for one or more user specified volume regions under geometry primitives or geometry regions.”

I have this model:

I want the volume on the wing tip to be my volume, however it meshes as if it is my boundary. Is there a trick to this? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Kind regards,
Darren Lynch

@jousefm can you tag someone who could help me with this? I also need to use for another project.

Many thanks,
Darren

Hi @1318980,

Do you mean in terms of simulation or is it about the geometry per se?

Cheers man!

Jousef

Hi Joesef, it’s about meshing really what I want to do is use a solid geometry to make a region refinement without making a multi-region mesh. so in the above example, I want the funny solid shape to be the region refinement. It gets more complex:

So I can’t really use primitives for this.

Kind regards,
Darren

Hi Darren,

tagging @dheiny and @afischer here. Let’s see what we can find out here.

Cheers!

Jousef

Cheers bud