'LEGO Technic 24 Hours Race Car' simulation project by pfernandez

I created a new simulation project called 'LEGO Technic 24 Hours Race Car':

Aerodynamic simulation of LEGO Technic's 24 Hours Race Car. CAD geometry by dk, available in GrabCAD.

More of my public projects can be found here.

@pfernandez, awesome idea - I believe the reason that you’re are getting a sim error is due to the Simulation Control Settings. The default maximum runtime is set to 3000s which means it will cancel the run automatically after ~50 min. This is why there is an error at 38% of the run. Increase this value and it should give you a successful sim.

Hope this helps!
Anna

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll re-run the case now with a larger maximum runtime.

Is there any way to continue a simulation or map a previous solution into the case in order to save some computation time?

@pfernandez, sure thing - Unfortunately, I don’t think continuing a simulation from a previous run is possible (at least that I’m aware of) so you’ll just have to restart with an increased max run time…around 15000 s to be on the safe side. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Hi Anna,

Now the simulation seems to have reached its target of 1000 iterations; but it displays an error.

I reckon that the convergence plot is far from ideal; but this might be the best given the complexity of the CAD model. At least I do not appreciate divergence; so I don’t know where the error is coming from this time.

Could you have a look?

@pfernandez, yep I’ll take a look and get back to you as soon as I can

Hi @pfernandez, I apologize for the delay on this - but the issue was actually on our end. For some reason the / character in the naming of the Simulation Run 1 m/s was the source of the error. As you can see when the run was renamed Run 2 it worked (so your setup was perfectly fine!)

have a look here: https://www.simscale.com/projects/AnnaFless/lego_technic_24_hours_race_car-test

Thanks! I’ll make sure to not use strange character for naming the upcoming simulations.