LayDown Concrete Bucket

Meshing fails for this concrete bucket 2.5 cubic meters can someone help

Hi @MAHDEDDRIDI,

please make sure to upload your CAD model as STEP format. In addition to that make sure that you get rid of your “lines” that can be seen in the geometry.

Let me know how things go.

Cheers,

Jousef

@jousefm, lines actually make a difference?

Cheers,
Darren

Looks weird imo so I would just get rid of them. You could try meshing them. I remember someone having problems because of that.

Cheers,

Jousef

Interesting, I have loads in mine… might get rid of them and see if it helps my dodgy one.

Cheers,
Darren

I might be wrong here but for me this looks not clean at all. Let me know if this has a tremendous impacts on the analysis.

Cheers!

Jousef

@MAHDEDDRIDI - the shells in the uploaded model are definitely an issue as they cannot be meshed with tet-elements. You will need all solids - preferably a single solid for an FEA analysis. What CAD tool are using for the modeling?

i use inventor 2017

i uploaded my file as stp file but i dont know how these lines appeared and i dont know how to clear them in 2017

Hi @MAHDEDDRIDI @1318980,
having free wires and shells in your model should actually not influence the success of the Tet-dominant mesher, as he will just try to mesh the existing solis anyways. On the other hand if these wires and shells are unexpected, this may point to a problem with the STEP export or with the interpretation of the STEP file from inventor.
I can’t have a detailed look at your model right now, but I’ll take a look an Monday.
Best,
Richard

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out @rszoeke!

Does this also count for wires being interrupted along the line due to the meshing process? I remember some projects trying to mesh such a wire and getting odd results.

Best,

Jousef

Hello @jousefm,
probably this happened before the new meshing process for Tet-Dominant meshes was in place (some time around December 2016). With the current implementation the algorithm just tries to mesh solids and does not even bother if there are any free wires/edges or shells present in the geometry.
If you still have problems with these geometries, you can directly share the projects with me and I’ll have a look. I suspect the reason for failure is probably not related to the wires.

Best,
Richard

1 Like