Improving Mesh for Project

Hi @hmattoo!

I already did a mesh but forgot to get back to you. It’s already late here in Germany. Maybe @Get_Barried can jump in in the meantime and give some advices. I will run an optimized simulation later on and let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm

Thank you for your support!
Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Regards
H. Mattoo

Hi H. Mattoo,

I’ve looked at Trial SST-HM and your latest run “Trial 7” looks alright. Are you still having problems with the results or the mesh?

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi @Get_Barried

Thank you for looking into the simulation however upon post processing, all the contour plots/slices are distorted in colour and magVorticity isn’t able to show the small vortexes at the rear of the car.

Any clue why is that?

Hi @hmattoo,

I’ve downloaded your results and rescaled the data range to see if I could spot any contour magvorticity values and from a scale of 0 to 1000 (arbitrary number as I’m not aware what the maximum vorticity should be) you can see some flow effects.

You will notice that cells near your car are quite large and may not sufficiently fine and this might hinder your analysis of how the vortex generators affect the car as seen in 2. Additional screenshots are below.

In 5 there does seem to be significant vorticity behind the wake of the car so you might want to investigate further. Just ensure you can rescale the data to see some differences in results.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

1 Like

Hi @Get_Barried

Thank you very much for all this!
Just want to confirm, you used Paraview for your post processing?

Hi @hmattoo,

That is correct.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry