I want to simulate and Animate my VAWT including rotation by fluid

help me out

@jousefm

@anurag3583: you are too terse, but first advice for that ‘Savonius in water stream’ is that you should NOT use Standard meshing, but Hex based meshing (CFD) for ‘internal’ simulation .

Please check my Internal CFD with MRF (2019) project in order to understand and progress.

Cheers,

Retsam

2 Likes

Thanks for you comment on my project I could not understand that, what to do with my 3D model for MRF zone, Is it part of modelling or part of Sim-scale setup, Still i am in doubt. And also no tutorial and webinar are available to create video file from result

Please open tutorial, clicking on the project drawing. You should see that (before you open the project itself):

In the project, simulation “ExampleMRFInternal” should be regarded.

:disappointed_relieved:

Cheers,

Retsam

OK , right now i am watching and it will take time to understand i am new to sim scale. Thanks for your supports

I got Error “A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh.”

@jousefm

This is just a sentence from tutorial:

Bottom line is that Impeller in your geometry should be used to create a ‘void’ in your pipe (just as an example). Target geometry for meshing should be just that pipe (where Impeller is removed by Boolean operation) and MRF zone.

If you do not have simulation domain which is one volume (for running simulation with air or water), you will have above mentioned error message.
1 Like

Would you see my project and correct its setting

Geometry now looks OK.

Mesh > Algorithm is set to ‘standard’, which is TET based and cannot be used for rotating zones (MRF) simulation.

… you should NOT use Standard meshing, but Hex based meshing (CFD) for ‘internal’ simulation

Please user first a very coarse mesh, see preliminary results, add more complex meshing afer learning from simplest setup.

1 Like

Thanks I will do

Thanks , I have created my simulation and run . However, their is problem for time consuming by simulation run is too large, 1 % = 12 hours for community plan.
Capture
help me out for setting up above simulation control so that it could done 100% within 24 to 48 hours .

Hi @anurag3583: I see many problems here.

You would need to answer following questions:

Why do you run multiphase simulation for your water VAWT (it is transient now, so it will take all your core-hours)?
Did you check the mesh quality (look at the mesh log file)? Mesh should be somewhat better (I mean your box).

Please start first simple simulation, using water and steady state, k-omega STT. With first results (which may be not so obvious to obtain, as you did define MRF zone but you do not use it, you should be able to mend your mesh, activate MRF zone, understand better the CFD. After that you will still have enough core-hours to do useful things with your geometry.

Cheers,

Retsam

I am using multi-phase due to turbine in open channel flow and partial submerged

I know Ansys well but i new to this platform

for mesh, you suggested me " Please user first a very coarse mesh, see preliminary results, add more complex meshing after learning from simplest setup."

see this, i need to simulate this for my turbine , is it possible in static analysis?

Please go to SimScale > Public Projects and search for ‘turbine’. You will easily spot the answer.

If you know Ansys, you will progress quicker with SimScale, I guess. But you need to walk first before you can run. Make first your turbine immersed. And with meaningful results.