I can't find suitable structural in 'Create Simulation"

I would like to know the temperature change of volume 2 over time when a specific temperature is applied to volume 1. Can you recommend an appropriate structural?

Best Regards,

Hi,

If you click on the “Need help?” button, the platform will direct you to a fitting simulation based on what you are trying to achieve:

From your description, it’s going to be either “Heat transfer” (if you are only interested in temperatures and not in stresses) or “Thermomechanical” (if you are interested in temperatures and stresses).

Cheers

Hi, Thanks for your kindness.
I have some questions. Now I’m setting up simulation parameters. If I select one surface as the “Fixed temperature value” in “Boundary conditions”, I understand that the other surface should be selected as “Convective heat flux”.
If “Fixed temperature value” is selected as the volume rather than the surface, should all the outer surfaces of the selected volume be selected when selecting “Convective heat flux” or not?
(The SkyBlue one)
Don’t I need to select all surfaces of the selected volume?

And, when I select the volume and try to simulate it, an error message appears as shown in the picture below. Can I ignore this? Or is there a solution?

BR,
Jake

Hi Jake,

To me it doesn’t make sense to select the contact face between two volumes for an “convective heat flux” boundary condition, because that face is not in contact with the surrounding environment.

So the warning message is basically saying that the convective heat flux boundary condition will be ignored for the contact faces. If this is what you would expect in terms of physics, then you can ignore the warning message.