How to change angle of attack shuttlecock

Hi, im currently working on the simulation for shuttlecock. The problem here is that i cant set the pitch angle of the shuttlecock (for 10,20,30 degree). I hope someone could help me with this issue

Hello Suria,

Welcome to the Forums! With this simulation you can go about this in two direct ways.

The first way is to change the geometry in your CAD software. That is putting the shuttlecock at the various angles and then importing them into simscale already at the angles.

A second way to do this would be to just alter the way your inlet acts. You can use trigonometric conversions to calculate a value that would be 10 degrees with vectors in both the Z and Y axis. Then you would just input the values into your inlet boundary condition and the simulation would run at the various degrees you stated.

Let me know if this helps you and achieves what you are trying to simulate.

Best regards,
Jake

2 Likes

Hai, thankyou for responding @jake_steidinger, since my velocity flow is from right so the vector should be Vy= V sin 10 and Vz= - Vcos 10. Did i did it correctly ?

1 Like

Hello Suria,

Yes it does appear so! I hope you were able to achieve some successful simulations with that new method. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Jake