Hex-dominant parametric

Hi,
Im using simscale for a project for school, where I have to analyse the aerodynamics of a Formula 1 car.
I wanted to make a simulation of two formula 1 cars driving behind each other to show the problem of dirty air and the loose of downforce. Th problem is that Im new to CFD and have problems creating a mesh. When I want to create a mesh of a formula 1 car the result is something like a pyramid. I wanted to try it with the hex-dominant parametric, but soemhow its locked. Does anyone know how I can use it?
I am thankful for every reply!

Hi @erikr17!

Can you please post a link of your project? Will have a look at it.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm !

Thank you for the reply. Here is the link:

Hi @erikr17,
we had some interesting webinars on F1 aerodynamics, particularly this one might be of interest to you: Driving in the slip stream | F1 Webinar - Session 2 - YouTube

There should also be the original project somewhere around where they exactly investigated the driving in the slip stream. I couldn’t find it yet, but I will try searching the public projects.

Best,
Richard

1 Like

Hi @rszoeke !
thank you very much! I think this will help me. The only problem is that I need the simulation particulary for a 2017 or 2018 model (and technically also for a 2021 prototype, but I couldnt find any models of it).

Hi @erikr17,
I suppose that you already know about the Perrinn project, but if not, you might take a look at it. I don’t know if there is any more recent version but there definitely exists a full F1 model which is compatible with the 2016 regulations as a free OnShape document, you can access it here.

You might also find 2017 or 2018 versions as public projects on OnShape.

Best,
Richard

1 Like

Hi @rszoeke

Thank you, Ill take a look at it!

Best,
Erik