Heat transfer study project

Hello all,
I am trying to study heat transfer on this model. Air is flowing inside the device while it will get heated up by flue gas flowing outside the tubes. Now for the flue gas region, I want to create a domain in the pipe section only and excluding the top diffuser and bottom box. I tried doing so by enclosure by I am unable to locate the end coordinates of the pipe section so that I can give the same dimensions to my enclosure.
Can anyone suggest me how to proceed with that?

Also, I somehow created a domain that covered most of the pipe section but when I started running the simulation, it showed an error saying “no contact region found”. I can’t understand the reason for the error above. If anyone can help me on this as well, it will mean a lot.

Awaiting
much thanks!!

Hello all,
I am trying to study heat transfer on this model. Air is flowing inside the device while it will get heated up by flue gas flowing outside the tubes. Now for the flue gas region, I want to create a domain in the pipe section only and excluding the top diffuser and bottom box. I tried doing so by enclosure by I am unable to locate the end coordinates of the pipe section so that I can give the same dimensions to my enclosure.
Can anyone suggest me how to proceed with that?

Awaiting
much thanks!!

Hi there, I hope you had a lovely weekend! Can you add the link to the project please?

Best regards,
Fillia

Dear mam,
I somehow was able to setup my simulation but the following error occured while running the simulation.
Can you please let me know what i did wrong or the reason behind the error.
The link to my project is-
SimScaleScreenshot (39)|690x388

Have a look here: Error: Maximum Number of Iterations Exceeded | SimScale

This page explains the error, and how to fix it :slight_smile:

By the way, keep in mind that the solid part is really thin, and it would be nice if there were at least two cells across the thickness:

Also, I noticed that the fluid temperature of one of the flow regions is 762.8 degrees Celsius, is that legit?

Best regards,
Fillia

Thank you for the suggestion. I will increase the thickness of the solid domain and check if that solves the problem.
Also, the flue gas temperature I have kept at 762.8 celsius as at this temperature only they will exchange the heat with air. This is the value that I have obtained through experimental data.

1 Like