'Halterung' simulation project by Ralf

I created a new simulation project called 'Halterung':

Halterung

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hey @Ralf !

Nice project! I looked at your setup, everything seems good. But in general there are two main problems:

1. You have two solids in your geometry. Since same material is assigned to them you can
  • either merge the solids in to one and re-upload it and setup again. In order to do easily, please have a look at this forum post.

• or define a Bonded contact which you can find under Contacts between the two solids i.e. by selecting one of the solid face in contact region as master and other solid’s as slave. Try to make bigger face among the two as master. But in your case I think one solid is intersecting the other, therefore I would say that the first option could be better one.

1. Once done with the above step, try to ramp the load over time since you have nonlinear analysis otherwise full load will be applied in the first iteration leading to no convergence. This you can do easily in your case by clicking f(x) below the load input window and than give the formula as 1*t for fx. Same goes for fy. This will ramp the load over time.

Hope this helps, If you have any question/s, feel free to ask. Happy Simulating!

Best Regards,
-Ahmed (@ahmedhussain18)