'Football Game Project' simulation project by qauser

I created a new simulation project called 'Football Game Project':

Simulation affecting gate by ball

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hey @qauser!

Nice project! :smile: I saw that your simulation is running for a long time and throwing an error. There are couple of things you can do to make it run faster:

1. Try to make the football near to the goal post as much as possible before you upload the geometry. In this way you will save the time of ball flying and hitting the goal.

2. Partition the front portion of the football which you know will come in contact. Giving whole football to slave makes the simulation run slower due to too many slave nodes being taken care of for the contact in each simulation step.

3. If you don’t want to make your football near to the master surface or in the case you did so, you can use table upload option when defining timestep. In this way you would be able to manually define the time stepping and thus can refine the timestep wherever you want, e.g. when the ball is in contact. You can have a look at these projects for more info.:

[Plastic bottle drop test] (https://www.simscale.com/projects/ahmedhussain18/plastic_bottle_drop_test_2/)
    [Wheelie bin impact analysis] (https://www.simscale.com/projects/ahmedhussain18/wheelie_bin_impact_analysis/)

4. Since you have selected MUMPS as Equation solver, try to use 8 cores for machine and 2 cores for computation. Since MUMPS distribute the memory among cores and selecting 8 and 4 combination will lead to memory problems at the end.

5. Delete unnecessary Solution fields under Result Control, e.g. cauchy stress etc.

You can have a look at this forum post I created last Friday: Beckham's rocket kick clocked at 97.9 mph - crossbar impact Part 1: Simulation Tutorial ⚽

This tutorial isn’t done via table upload but will help you to simulate your case also.

I hope this helps. If you have any question/s, feel free to ask.

Best,
Ahmed