'Flow Field Around a High Rise Building' simulation project by Carlos_Ramirez

I created a new simulation project called 'Flow Field Around a High Rise Building':

Experimental data: Turbulent Measurements of the flow field around a high-rise building. Meng & Hibi

More of my public projects can be found here.

@Carlos_Ramirez - great project, thanks for sharing! Did you make a comparison with the experimental data?

@dheiny - Yes, I’m comparing with the experimental data of the paper “Turbulent Measurements of the flow field around a high-rise building” by Meng & Hibi.

Great - I’m very interested in the results. Will you be able to share your comparison here?

Would also love to see the comparison @Carlos_Ramirez! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your interest! This is part of my Master’s Thesis and I am deeply analyzing this results comparing with other papers related with wind simulation on buildings and their characteristic problems.
I hope to compile the results of this analysis soon.
Thanks again!
Carlos RamĂ­rez

thanks Mr carlos
do you have fluent project in this field?
I mean, I need a fluent project that about wind flow around a high rise buildings with different geometrical.

Hi ashahsavari,
Maybe I don’t understand your question, but not, I don’t have fluent projects about this case or others related to Wind Flow about Buildings.
Regards,
Carlos RamĂ­rez

@dheiny, @jousefm Here is the comparison between the simulations and the experimental data. The main conclusions of these are that the stationary RANS models aren’t able to resolve correctly the turbulent wake of the building and the recirculating zones of the roof and the building. This is due mainly to the turbulent kinetic energy is under-stimated and the vortex shedding existing behind of the building is strongly turbulent and it has a transitory nature. An accurate simulation in these cases requires turbulence models like LES (many papers shows that the URANS doesn’t improve the results significantly) or hybrid models RANS-LES:
The next graph shows the velocity profile (u) located at 2b (base of the building) behind of the buiding:

In this location, there should be no reverse flow, but in the simulations exist this phenomena:

The above is due to the over-estimation of the recirculation zone behind he building. This is verified for the inaccurate prediction of the turbulent kinetic energy (k):

Finally, here is the results of recirculating zones for the simulations compared with the experimental data. The recirculation zone behind the building (X_F) is highly over-estimated.

Thank you very much @Carlos_Ramirez!!

Is your thesis available on a platform? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm,
I am still doing my thesis and these simulations are partial results of the final work, therefore I haven’t a thesis document yet. I will let you know when I have a document in any platform (initially will be in Spanish).
Thanks for your interest,
Carlos RamĂ­rez

hi Carlos

I have a question

How can I have whole project? I mean the "0" and "system" folders.

Hi @ashahsavari. You can see all the simulations that I made and download them. When you downloads each simulation you obtain the three folders of the OpenFoam Case (“0”, “constant” and “system”).
I hope I’ve help,
Carlos RamĂ­rez

to download the project, I shoud pay money?
because in view page only CAD model can download.

Hi @ashahsavari,

what exactly do you want to download? The CAD model and the results are free to download. We do not charge any money for that.

Cheers,

Jousef

Download a public project is free and easy. When you are in a project, you must go to the “Post-Processor” Tab:

Next, you can see each simulation and you can downloaded with in the “Solution fields” of the simulation:

thanks carlos