Floating Point Exception error on compressible simulation persistent after reading documentation

Hello everyone,

I am having an error with this project giving me a floating point exception as soon as the simulation finishes loading to the cluster. In the simulation list the simulation title is “full ward - all doors open”

I have read through the documentation and tried the solutions for compressible simulations but the error remains. I have successfully performed simulations on this same configuration before but with different boundary conditions but I have quadruple checked my boundary conditions and they are correct.

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Can you tell me the motive behind a compressible simulation? I would have rather gone for a convective heat transfer analysis type and used natural convection inletoutlet BC instead of total pressure inlets

Thanks for your reply!

The goal of the simulation is negative pressure within the domain. The only reason I switched to a compressible simulation is that incompressible simulations gave unrealistic velocities, sometimes on the order of 1e23.

In that case i assume that temperature is not an issue for you. The fact that values are in the order of 23 has to do with unrealistic bc.

That’s what I thought as well but I checked the assignments multiple times and had others verify them as well. They’re based on physical values as well, Pressure Boundaries based on NOAA data/measurements on-site, and Velocity Boundaries based on the HVAC system specs.

Found the issue. I regenerated the mesh without automatic boundary layers and now the simulation is running.

2 Likes

Thanks for notifying. Always look into mesh quality metrics. Seems like the Boundary layers didn’t form well in your case.