'FEM test' simulation project by vgon_alves

I created a new simulation project called 'FEM test':

FEM test

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hi there buddy!

Did you already try to mesh your geometry with a tet-dominant appraoch? Wondering why it does not work or did you cancel all the meshing jobs?

Best,

Jousef

Yeah buddy!

I did a 1st mesh but it was not fine enough, so I’m trying to do another one with some refinements but my core hours are expired again. Please, could you help me with it?

Cheers,

Vinícius

Hi!

Do you need some right now? I could run the mesh for you or ask for some more tomorrow if that’s okay. How much do you have left?

Cheers!

Jousef

Oh, I don’t wanna disturb you bro :sweat_smile:
If you ask for some more core hours (maybe 6000 or 10000) tommorow I’ll be very grateful :smile:

Thank you so much!!

Cheers,

Vinícius

Dynamic Structural Analysis Of Bell

The purpose of this project is just helps you to set a structural simulation with a rotating body and analyse the forces acting on a body due to the moviment. Here a bell was used for the exemple because in a bell we can find a body (the bell) suffering small strains due to its rotating motion hitting a clapper to generate sound.

The CAD model was uploaded in STEP format. The bell and the clapper were made with arbitrary dimensions. The bell and clapper materials are: bronze (Y = 96000000000 [N / m²] and ν = 0.34) and iron (SimScale library).

Fig. 1 - Bell

The mesh was performed and a coarse mesh was used with 2 moderate refinements.

Fig. 2 - Tet-dominant mesh

In order to calculate the reaction forces in the bell when it performing rotational movement being hit by the clapper, the simulation was designed using Dynamic module. The physical contacts were provided between the clapper and the shaft inside the bell without friction. The BC’s was consisted by constrains:

• The bell was provided with a rotation of 32 degrees (Time Rotating Motion)
  • The clapper without rotation (Fixed Value)

Fig. 3 - Reaction Forces in the bell of two sides

The results allow the engineer to check the voltage performance of the bell on contacting the clapper so that it can change the design, pick up other material, or check which parameters to use for a clapper or bell hardening. The above image shows the response to the reaction forces that would be of interest.