Fatal I/O Error: CHT v2.0

Tried massaging the setup, but I always get this fatal error when attempting to uses Conjugate Heat Transfer 2.0 with compressible toggled on.

The regular version of CHT works fine with identical input geom/IC/BC/etc… I am trying to get quicker convergence with v2.0.
No combination of changing/deleting/simplifying inputs will make this run.
TIA!

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up - Whenever you run into the “An error occurred” error message, it’s always recommended to report it in forums.

On a side note, from the solver log, it looks like the simulation is diverging very quickly (in 3 iterations). To be fair, with the current model, you can probably even use a convective heat transfer simulation and the result would be almost identical as the CHT runs.

Unless you are interested specifically in the temperature gradients within the walls of the smoker, a convective heat transfer simulation should work fine (I ran a quick test). For a convective heat transfer simulation, you can simply delete the solid wall volume and the rest of the setup is identical as you have it for the CHT project.

PS: if you are interested specifically in the temperature gradients within the wall of the smoker, it’s a good idea to add more cells to the solid. Currently we have less than 1 cell across the thickness.

Cheers

1 Like