F1 Rear Wing Simulation

Hi! I am fairly new to Simscale and CFD, so I am sorry if I am missing on something obvious. I want to simulate the airflow around F1 rear wing model I made in CAD, but I am struggling to do so…

I made the:

• Enclosure;
  • Set boundary conditions (velocity inlet, pressure outlet, external walls (slip), wing (no-slip) and moving wall);
  • Filled in the ‘force and moment coefficients’ (free stream velocity: 100km/h) & ‘forces and moments’;
  • Generated a hex-dominant (moderate) mesh with region (max edge: 0.01m) and surface refinement (min: 0.05m, max: 0.1m).

Still, I can’t get a simulation with the pressure distribution, when post-processing (after setting the parts color to pressure) it stays in solid red. I tried following this tutorial in two studies, but I only managed to get it working once. When I check the study in post-processing, it yields a particle trace like the image below. Could anyone assist me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Link: SimScale
SimScale

Hi there, my name is Fillia :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum!

I checked the link that you sent (the first one). This coloring issue is explained in this post as well:

My initial advice would be to keep the half model simulation instead of the full one. If the model is indeed symmetric, it would be a waste to create a mesh for the latter.

Also, it would be great if you switched to the Standard mesher instead of using the Hex dominant. You can use this tutorial as reference:

This uses the default settings, two cartesian boxes for region refinements, and a local element size refinement that is applied on the surface of the body.

Best regards,
Fillia

Thank you so much Fillia!! I will try and get back to you! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

@tsite Thank you so much Fillia!! I could fix all my issues with your help!

Best,
Eric

1 Like

I am happy to hear this Eric! If you need help in the future, feel free to create a new post!

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Fillia