'Exhaust manifold' simulation project by manoayman267

I created a new simulation project called 'Exhaust manifold':

heat transfer of the manifold

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hi @manoayman267!

Tagging my colleagues @Anware, @Get_Barried and @vgon_alves here. There seems to be a problem with the mesh and the fluid/solid domain definition at first glance.

Best,

Jousef

Hey everyone!

Yup it seems like the material point is just outside of the geometry hence the meshing issues. Moving it properly inside of it should solve the issue. Refer to the screenshot below.

Another thing is that the geometry needs some clean up. There seems to be intersecting surfaces internally. Again refer to the screenshot below.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi @manoayman267!

Thanks for tagging me, Jousef! Very nice tips, Barry!

Adding an addendum:

1. The geometry log showed your geometry has some problem with these entities: solid_0_face_25; solid_0_face_25; solid_0_face_27; solid_0_face_27; solid_0_face_1; solid_0_face_31. Some edges with invalid vertices were founded. Thus, I fixed it and posted a new geometry that is fine now. You can get it here.

2. About the mesh, I suggest to create cellZones to define what is solid and what is fluid in your domain. About it, you can also refine some curve regions to not to lose geometry information. I suggest you to add an Inflate Boundary Layer selecting inlet and outlets and add some Surface Refinements in your fluid domain between 2 - 4 and another same one to solid part.

Cheers,

Vinícius

Thanks @Get_Barried & @vgon_alves for helping our user! Very useful answers :slight_smile:

All the best!

Jousef