'Duct temp' simulation project by aitor_sanz

I created a new simulation project called 'Duct temp':

Simulation

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hi @aitor_sanz,

looking at the duct model, I assume you want to run a flow simulation of the fluid moving through the duct? The easiest way to achieve this is that you upload the actual flow volume as a CAD model instead of the duct’s solid parts. So essentially the negative of what you uploaded. What CAD system are you using? Some CAD systems do have dedicated functionality to extract the flow volume.

Best;

David

Hi David,

This is exactly what I want. Here we are using Inventor to model these geometries but we do not know an easy way to get the negative. Is it possible directly with Simscale?

Thanks!
Aitor

Hi Aitor,

hm - I don’t have a lot of seat time in ADSK Inventor, so I don’t know whether or not it has a dedicated feature for this. For general CAD tools, a normal boolean cut sometimes does the job (might involve a bit of modeling though). There is a way to do this in SimScale, but it won’t work for your geometry (as inlet + outlet are not on cartesian planes).

I’ll give it a quick shot myself - one question though, what about this “Stop plane” within the model? Why it’s in there?

Best,

David

Hi David,

That plane should not be there. I will remove it for the next upload with only internal volume :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Aitor

Excellent - once you’ve got only the flow volume, the simulation will be a piece of cake :slight_smile: !

Best,

David