Download Failure

Hi everyone,

Having a pretty minor issue but I haven’t figured out a solution. With reference to this project and under “S-State Full Fine > ABL Run 13 - U Relax 0.4” I am unable to download the results successfully. The download will start but it will give an error after a few hours and my download speed is 800kbps despite having really good speeds of 800mbps up and down as you can see here. Is there anything I can do?

Regards,
Barry

Hi Barry!

Sounds confusing. Let me check that later on and get back to you if I can manage to download your results. Please let me know if you experience any changes in the meantime.

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

Hi again Barry!

I was able to download the results with a size of 14.7 GB without any errors. Can you try it again maybe?

Best,

Jousef

Hi Jousef,

Thanks for the reply!

I can try again as I have done so a couple of times already but its really unreliable considering the stability and speed of my net. This is not the only project that had this issue. Other big runs also have instability when downloading and its a matter of luck if the download successfully completes. Very strange.

Cheers!

Regards,
Barry

Hey Barry,

that is very strange and I have no other input but from you about this issue. So I suppose that this is related to your internet connection. Uploading it for you on a cloud to download it would not make much sense :thinking:

Have you tried it with LAN connection or wireless, only at home or also in university or your working place? If the error still remains I would forward your message to an engineer to check if there might be something strange going on.

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi Jousef,

Probably I do think it has something to do with the routing and maybe something a connection timeout after a certain period.

I am on a wired connection and university is the same thing although less prone to “download failure” as the speed is generally faster.

So indeed very random and this usually happens to very large files.

Cheers!

Regards,
Barry

Hi Barry,

will ask some of my colleagues if they can check if that is something that can be reproduced by more users and not just you to be sure it is not a platform issue.

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi Jousef,

Thanks for the continued help!

Tried downloading it again after resetting my internet, same issue, after a certain period the download still says failed. The download speed is maintained however at around 800kbps despite my net speed.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi @Get_Barried!

No worries! Already reported the problem, let’s see if we can find the cause.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like