Continuity Error

I’m trying to model the wake of a rowing boat. I have a model of the hull of the boat and am simulating water flowing past it. The problem is that I keep running into a continuity error no matter what I try. It says “The continuity error cannot be removed by adjusting the outflow. Please check the velocity boundary conditions.”
I have attached screenshots of the boundary conditions and the error message. Here’s a link to my project: Simscale error|605x326

Hi @ghollings!

First of all we definitely need to improve the mesh as well as the simulation setup itself!

What you are trying to perform is a 6DOF simulation involving multiphase flow so the setup you have chosen is not be the one you need in this case. Furthermore the continuity error arises from the incorrect setup of the boundary conditions.

More details on the error can be found here: Continuity Error

What I would recommend is to set up a simulation according to this example: [6DOF simulation]

If you improve the points I mentioned I am sure you will get the results you want. I will be there in case you need help!

All the best and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

1 Like