'contact_test_basic' simulation project by potyka_csaba

I created a new simulation project called 'contact_test_basic':

This is a test run to try the nonlinear contact capabilities of the solver.

More of my public projects can be found here.

Hey @potyka_csaba!

Nice simulation example! :smile: The error you are getting is due to low available memory. You can select 8 cores in order to solve this problem. Other then that, there are some more things you can do in order to improve your simulation setup so that you run your case without any problems:

1. Your contact regions are quite coarse. Please see the figure below:

You can use Tetrahedral with local refinement and explicitly refine these faces. You can have a look at this project for more info.: Pipe bending analysis

2. Try to avoid giving a larger surface to slave since this will require more memory and also more computation time. You can define a single contact making your inner rod surface as master and other two contacting surfaces as slaves.

3. Since you are using nonlinear analysis case, you have to ramp the load by clicking f(x) and writing the formula as -500*t. This will ramp your load over time. If you don’t do this, the solver will apply the load of -500 N in the first iteration and hence this will lead to divergence.

I hope this helps. If you have any question/s, feel free to ask.

Good luck!
Ahmed (@ahmedhussain18)

Hello Hussain!

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I will try your suggestions.
On the other hand I have an other question: How can I get the nodal solution results from single nodes?
I made a thermal calculation and I installed ParaView but I didn’t succeeded it until now! Is there a quick solution for that in SimScale?
Thanks in advance for your reply!

Bests; Csaba.