Conjugate heat transfer solution

On one side we have 31 heat sources, and from there the heat is transferred to a heat sink, which is 50 c m away. The heat sources are transferring heat to a core made of copper and the core is connected using a copper wire/heat pipe.
I successfully completed the natural convection simulation, but I am unable to do it for fan or forced convection.

The following simulation run(s) failed:

• Run 2
    • Velocity field started diverging. Please check the mesh quality near the reported location and try refining the mesh. If the problem occured near a boundary, please check the boundary conditions. In case of doubt, please ask for assistance via our support chat. Velocity = 1.12454e+07 at position: (0.2094 m, -0.03016 m, -0.4658 m).

The error is it terms of - velocity is not converging.

The following simulation run(s) failed:

• Run 2
    • Velocity field started diverging. Please check the mesh quality near the reported location and try refining the mesh. If the problem occured near a boundary, please check the boundary conditions. In case of doubt, please ask for assistance via our support chat. Velocity = 1.12454e+07 at position: (0.2094 m, -0.03016 m, -0.4658 m).

Hello avishekcriador,

can you please share a link to your project here in the forum,. so that we can have a look at it.

Best regards
Sebastian

Thanks, just shared the link to the project

Hi @avishekcriador

I had a quick look at your project

The error you are getting typically comes with the (x,y,z) coordinates of the problematic location. You can use these coordinates to create a probe point inside SimScale or go back to your CAD tool, to locate the problematic area.

This looks to be really close to the heat sink (near the fins). Despite your mesh quality might look OK through the metrics, you have some really stretched cells around the heat sink fins/thin gaps. This might cause convergence issues as it happened for your case.

A quick way to go over it is to use a larger Gap Refinement Factor as shown below.

Its worth trying to update your mesh settings and create a new mesh. This should fix your problem and you should get a converged solution.

Feel free to check our documentation to read more on Gap Refinement mesh setting.

Hope this helps,

Good luck with your projects,
Ioannis