Conjugate heat transfer query

Hello everybody!

I’m running a conjugate heat transfer analysis ( b/w liquid and solid) to simulate conformal cooling , and I selected the subdomain temp (initial conditions) for the flow region and body as 25 and 250 degrees C respectively and also filled up the other fields appropriately (followed the tutorial for conjugate heat transfer in a u-tube) but i’m not see any temp variation in the result for the body or flow region (PFA) kindly help here.

Hi there, could you also provide the link to the project, please?

Best regards,
Fillia

Hello,

here you go:

Thank you for sharing! To my understanding, the whole domain is stabilized at 200 degrees Celsius after 1000 loops.

You could investigate it further by reducing the value for the “Write interval” value on the Simulation Control, so you can see how the flow behaves gradually.

Best regards,
Fillia

Hello,

Thankyou for your solution!
really appreciate it!
However, why does the temperature remain constant ( the temp scale ranges from 200 to 200 degree C) i’m expecting to see a range of varying temperatures, could you kindly met me know?

I think the solution lies in the intermediate states. There should be a time where the domain had multiple temperatures, and everything eventually converges to 200 degrees Celsius. Did you give my suggestion a try?

Best regards,
Fillia

Hello,

Yes, I did, I changed the steps to 100 and checked every step, however it still remains constant

BR
Glenn