Conjugate Heat transfer Analysis Simulation error!

Hello,

Please take a look at tmy project: https://www.simscale.com/projects/barnali_enthu/battery_simulation/

I am receiving an error even before the job is submitted. Could you please let me know what could be the error?

Thanks,
Barnali

Hi @barnali_enthu

I think the main problem is in your boundary conditions. It is not clear what you want to achieve in this project so, can you please elaborate on what you are trying to study(from where should the fluid enter and get out of the system).

Thanks
Ani

1 Like

Hi Aniruddh,
Thanks for your response.
I’ve tried to prep a simple geometry of a fuel cell. the outer body is the casing (which should be filled with water (water as electrolyte)) and in the middle a metal (Al) plate is there. Water comes in from the inlet of the pipe( Velocity inlet1 in my project). I want to see how much time it takes to fill the space in the casing (around the plate) and overflow from the outlet of the other pipe (Velocity inlet3 and pressure outlet4 )and, I want to check pressure forces also on the metal plate.
I agree with you, I am confused about the boundary condition.
Looking forward to your reply,
Thanks,
Barnali

1 Like

Hi @barnali_enthu

If your sole purpose is to to see how the space will get filled(Also, in what time it will get filled) and to get the value of force on the Aluminium surface, I would suggest you to conduct a multiphase simulation in which water is coming from one set of pipes and it’s going out of the system from the other set of pipes. I made a simple multiphase project to give you an overview of what the setup would look like and what relevant boundary conditions should be defined for this simulation(Remember: The CAD used in this simulation is different from yours) I am attaching a post processed image of how the cavity is being filled-

I hope with the help of this project you can modify your CAD model accordingly and assign relevant B.C’s. If you have any further query, I am happy to help you with that.

Haha I forgot to add the link to the project - https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=8532652794602457604&mi=spec%3Ab676958b-61fc-4b8b-b949-f7193415d3bf%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A13

Thanks
Ani

1 Like

Hi Aniruddh,

This looks awesome! Thanks so much!
Now I think this project can be split into two sections: first is Multiphase simulation (thanks again for the help!) and second would be conjugate heat transfer analysis, when the container is completely filled with water, to see heat transfer between fluid and solid body. am I correct?
Looking forward to your response,
Barnali

Hi @barnali_enthu

Yes! you are correct. From multiphase simulation you can simulate the process of filling the container and also get the force values on the aluminium piece. Then with the help of conjugate heat transfer simulation, you can see the heat interaction between the fluid and solid.

Thanks
Ani

2 Likes

Thanks Aniruddh!