CFD Post Processing Error - The domain is blue everywhere

I am trying to do a CFD simulation of my UAV. the simulation is of incompressible flow with a flow velocity of 20m/s. Simulation completed successful there are no error.But, in postprocessing when i am trying to get pressure distribution on the surface of the UAV. Instead of get a colour gradient of pressure i am getting a solid colour. Is there some thing that i am doing wrong? if yes, please let me know

link to the model: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=7522918124449680190&mi=spec%3Af18dc664-84e4-4733-8ca2-5de22b669274%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A19

Hi,

This happens because you don’t have a boundary condition on your UAV.

You should add a “no slip wall” boundary condition and select all faces of the UAV.

Regards

I think a slip-wall should still produce a pressure/force distribution over its surface. Still, you do need to follow @mgiannios fix and set walls to no-slip. I’m not sure if SimScale has already included the capability of integrating the pressure over a surface, but if not, check out this link and do it in Paraview

Thank you for your reply, I am gonna try that

I tried doing that and that didn’t work

Is my analysis correct? like the boundary conditions and setting

Hi there,

the issue with the post processing is that some “bad cells” with really high values exist, and they “drag” the full range of the scale. As a result, the normal values are all colored in blue.

Try setting the max number of the scale to 40. Then the different colors will appear:

In order to locate the bad cells and refine the problematic areas, check the Isovolumes method here:

Best regards,
Fillia

This makes sense, but keep in mind that if a face doesn’t get assigned any boundary conditions, it will be automatically set to no-slip wall :slight_smile:

You can do this by setting a “Surface Data” set :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
I tried this for pressure contour but it didn’t work its still a solid colour when pressure is selected as the criteria

Your pressure has both really high and really low values, try to narrow the range like this:

1 Like

Thank you, i was stuck here for days

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like