CFD Analysis Question - Pressure

Hello, my main question is: I want to know why two simulations that were configured in the same way give such different results and wrongs?

Hice un analisis de CFD y lo configure de la misma manera. Velocity inlet, pressure outlet, slip walls, and no-slip wall for the “ground” and the object.

The first analysis, I did it with a smaller domain and with the default settings. The results were as expected.

Later, I wanted to do the same analysis. Set it up in the same way, change the geometry and wind speed. But the result was not the same (the behavior is very different, there are not even pressures on the objects).

The only different thing I did was that having a larger domain needed more time for the solution, so I changed the “maximum run time” to a number higher than what it told me that it could be delayed.

Can someone assist me?

Hey there, and thanks for using the forum!

Can you please include the URL to your project, so we can have a detailed look at your setup and models?

Sure, SimScale

I do see different scales in the PP images. Here they are with the same scales:

They are closer, but I still notice some difference in the pressure distributions. This might be due to differences in mesh refinement around the boundary faces. Please try to make this as close as possible and compare.

1 Like

What I’m trying to say is that the pressure is very high in the walls and basically the structure (the half-sphere) is not having any pressure… But I don’t understand why, since the configuration is almost the same

What I tried to show you is that the color scale, min and max values might be masking the results you want to see.

Please play with those values until you get a satisfactory plot, which displays the gradient over the body of interest.

Ok,understand, I’ll check it out