Boundary Condition For Heat Conduction - Unidirectional Heat Flux

Hi,

I need to implement a boundary condition similar to directionMixed for unidirectional heat flux - anisotropic conduction - in a baffle inside a solid. In one predefined direction and if the temperature gradient between the baffle faces is positive, the baffle should work as an insulator (factor * dT/dx=0; 0 < factor < 1). If the temperature gradient is negative (heat flux in the reversed direction), it should work as the original material, as shown below. Please send me a quotation for this task.

Thanks in advance,

Marco.

----->x B|zeroGrad x—
----->x A|zeroGrad x—
HOT–>x F|zeroGrad x— COLD
----->x F|zeroGrad x—
----->x L|zeroGrad x—
----->x E|zeroGrad x—

<------ B|empty <—
<------ A|empty <—
COLD<-- F|empty <— HOT
<------ F|empty <—
<------ L|empty <—
<------ E|empty <—

Hi @masb,

let me tag our @power_users here, maybe they can guide you into the right direction.

All the best!

Jousef

Hi @jousefm,

many thanks!

Marco.

@BenLewis & @cjquijano,

can you help our user maybe? :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot and cheers!

Jousef

Hi @jousefm,

Sorry to say, but I don’t know of anyway to do this within Simscale.

Christopher

@masb and @jousefm, sorry I’ve got nothing as well.

Getting back to you @masb with just an idea that I came up with.

@rszoeke, would it be possible to define directional dependencies by functions inside the simulation or does Code_Aster has other possibilities to achieve that?

Best,

Jousef

Hi,
are we even talking about solid mechanics or rather cfd? The terms used rather seem to direct towards cfd.
Best,
Richard

Hi,

as far as I know, we can solve the heat conduction using laplacianFoam. We can then use inletOutlet BC to emulate the unidirectional heat flow in a baffle. I guess, Simscale, however, does not provide this possibility.

Best,

Marco.

Hi @masb!

Thanks for pointing out that you were referring to CFD. If you want you can put your feature requests into this section: Vote For Features Category.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you! All the best!

Jousef