A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh

Hi,
I designed an air diverter and I am attempting to simulate airflow through it. There is a singular entrance on the bottom of the diverter, and the air is supposed to exit through the 5 exits on the sides. I am using an incompressible simulation with a velocity inlet (1 m/s) and pressure outlets (0 Pa). However, while meshing it returns the error β€œA multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh.” I have tried both standard and hex-dominant meshing with the same result.

Project link: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2558462743191243593&mi=run%3A5%2Csimulation%3A2&mt=SIMULATION_RUN

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hey @jsarasohn,

If you inspect your meshes, you will see that only the walls of your geometry were discretized:

As you’re interested in the air that is flowing rather than the walls, you first have to run a flow volume extraction operation. In your case, I believe the best option would be an open inner region.

But before being able to run a flow extraction operation, you should try and clean the CAD model a little bit, I can see a few intersecting bodies, which will most likely cause you some trouble.

Let us know if you can generate the flow region following these steps :smile:

/Ric

1 Like