3D Model size too large

Good morning everyone,

I can’t import one of my models because of its size (192 328 Ko for a parasolid model) (this size is explained by the presence of many tiny holes in the model). I tried to deactivate all the import options but the problem persisted. Is there a limit to the size of a model on Simscale ? Is there another way to import a large model ?

Thanks you !

Hey there, and welcome to the Forum!

I am not sure of the size limit for the uploaded files. But if you are hitting it, it should notify you.

At what stage does it stop? Loading? Importing? It might take some time to import the geometry into the project.

On the other hand, if the model is too complex, with so mane holes and details, it might not be useful for simulation anyway. The mesh size to capture all the details would be just too large. In that case, try to simplify and clean the model in your CAD and then try to import it again.

Thanks for your answer. The import stops during the “cleaning” phase. The error code is 774d6e70. I try to simulate a water flow through a filter, I can’t reduce the number of hole in my wall. Does anyone know another way to simulate a perforated wall ?

Hey, @mkardofaki

Not sure if you can replace your geometry with this method without seeing what your working on, but any type of filter or restriction can be modeled with a Porous Media. Take a look into the documentation on Simscale or google how to create it. Here is just one of many documents you can find on the website.

Dan

1 Like

Thanks for the Porous Media tips, my model works now !

Have a nice evening.