Tutorial: Basics of the Tet-Dominant algorithm
Link to tutorial project containing the geometry:
Import project into workbench
- As a first step we need to create a new simulation. To create a simulation left click on the bearing block and then on Create Simulation.
Bearing block geometry and geometry log
- Left click on the mesh icon to create a new mesh.
- Choose the Tet-Dominant Algorithm and the desired mesh order (First order).
- Select the overall automatic sizing and the desired mesh fineness ( 2-Coarse in this tutorial)
- Specify the Number of computing cores for the meshing operation (16 in this tutorial)
- Click on Generate to start meshing. The progress of the meshing is shown in the bar.
The Sizing defines how coarse or fine the discretization of the input geometry will be. For the automatic sizing the mesh size varies from very coarse to very fine. Go through the meshing page for Tet-Dominant meshing for more information on sizing.