Floating Point Exception
Solver error: The simulation has encountered a floating point exception
- The simulation stopped as the solver encountered a floating point exception error possibly due to a division by Zero during calculation.
What could be the possible reason?
- For “Compressible” and “Natural Convection Heat Transfer” analysis type, either no pressure boundary condition and reference pressure value were specified or Zero values were used for pressure in the simulation setup.
- For other analysis types, some flow variables e.g turbulence quantities were specified Zero value in either “Initial conditions” or some “Custom” boundary conditions.
What can I do now?
- Make sure that for “Compressible” and “Natural Convection Heat Transfer” analysis type, pressure has Non-Zero values in the “Boundary Conditions”, “Initial Conditions” and a Non-Zero “Reference pressure value” is specified under “Numerics”. ( please see Boundary Condition Documentation for details, sample Tutorials or Sample Projects for reference).
- For “Incompressible”, “Passive scalar transport” and “Convective heat transfer” with “Boussinesq approximation” enabled, the “Gauge pressure” may have a Zero value. But, make sure the turbulence and other variables have Non-Zero values specified.
If none of the above suggestions did solve your problem, then please post the issue on our forum or contact us.