Continuity Error Encountered cannot be Removed
Solver error: A continuity error has been encountered that cannot be removed
- The simulation stopped as the solver has encountered an error in the continuity equation that is not removable.
What could be the possible reason?
- There is an issue with the “Boundary condition” setup as the inlet and outlet massflow rates are not equal.
What can I do now?
- Please check the Velocity/Pressure Inlet or Outlet boundary conditions and make sure Inlet and Outlet have correct values and properly setup.
- In most cases, it is recommended to use the standard boundary conditions with a ‘Velocity Inlet’ and a ‘Pressure Outlet’ boundary condition. please see Boundary Condition Documentation for details.
- In case of a “Custom” boundary condition: make sure to use a ‘fixed value’ for Velocity and ‘zero gradient’ for pressure at the Inlet and a ‘fixed value’ pressure and ‘zero gradient’ for velocity at the Outlet.
If none of the above suggestions did solve your problem, then please post the issue on our forum or contact us.